I've started working on the Stalls. I used the model that J. Kay did, but the mesh weren't good enough and there were poligons that they weren't quads or tris. So, I had to remodelling the entire mesh and give them a better shape that fits on the game.
| Previous Stalls Meshes |
| A polygon with 15 vertex!! Unusable |
| Redesign for the Stall 1 |
| Redesign for the Stalls 2 |
- The polygons with more than 3 or 4 vertex were deleted or put them loops to make them quads.
- The thickness for the polygons that would be cloth were deleted. I used just a plane for the cloth (after that the texture would be 2-sided to see it correctly on the game engine).
- The box shape was replaced with a kind of clothing-tent shape. I curved a bit the planes to give the meshes a more reallistic shape, like it was a tent made it with cloth and iron bars.
- Hided polygons were deleted
- The polycount was reduced considerably, from 1500 and 2000 tris in the previous meshes to 330 and 352 in the finish models
- Added some ropes on the corner of the Stall to seem them that they are nailed in to the ground.
- Recalculated the smoothing groups to not have problems with the lights on the game engine.
Texturing the Stalls
With the meshes already done I worked on the textures. I did 3 different colors on the Diffuse Map for every Stalls and an Opacity Map to make cuts and cloth ripped on the texture. Some pìctures of the Stalls finished.
Bin
For the Bin mesh I used a on of the previous meshes, theorically made it for the Ticket Booth. But the shape reminded me more like a bin, so I remodelled to fitted it as a bin. I did a Diffuse and Normal Maps, to give it some detail like scratches on the metal and reliefs. Some pictures.
| Original Ticket Booth on the left, Bin on the right |
No comments:
Post a Comment